The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks the services of candidates to fill the vacant position for the National Stop Transmission of Poliomyelitis (NSTOP) program below:
Job Title: DHIS2 Implementation Officer
Duration of contract: One year
Work Hours: Full time
The Responsibilities of the DHIS2 Implementation Officer Include
- Support the implementation of the Routine Immunization NHMIS scale up plan in the states
- Provide technical leadership to the State RI team on the use of the DHIS2 RI dashboard for data driven decision making
- Provide mentoring, support and supervision to LGA RI teams on data collection, data entry and appropriate use of RI reporting tools
- Develop Monthly technical report following all supportive supervision activities conducted
- Train State and LGA RI teams on data management
- Build capacity of state and LGA government officers to enter data, analyze and provide regular reports using DHIS2.
- Work with SIO’s, M&E officers, HMIS officers and others as indicated to analyze collected data and provide feedback to State and Local government RI teams
- Liaise with NSTOP Data Management Team to provide regular feedback and troubleshoot problems
Certification Knowledge and Requirements
- First degree or equivalent in data management, public health, epidemiology or other health related disciplines
- Possess at least 3 years’ experience in data management or monitoring and evaluation
- Experience working with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2) database
- Experience in managing routine immunization data at LGA or state level.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Epi info and SPSS.
Application Closing Date
27th February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online
- Interested candidates should submit their applications and addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement.
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
- AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.